Sunday 16 March 2008

A van full of parts! 16-3-08

A few weeks ago I posted a wanted advertisement on http://www.landrovernet.com/ for a roof and any other parts for a series 3. A few people replyed but some one called Grahan gave me a good offer for a roof with sliding windows, bulkhead with dash windscreen etc, gearbox and a galvinised front panel. The stuff was in Manchester and I'm in Oxfordshire but it seemed i was getting a good deal so this morning we left early in a hire van and arived in Manchester at 10.00Am.The van was only just big enough as you can see. Graham was very reasonable and threw a set of 8 spoke rims in which I was keen on but would not have been able to afford.



This picture show Graham, his son and myself discusing Land Rovers, you can see his nicely kept series 2 petrol in the photo.




These are the rims:





Gearbox:

Pictures of the rest of the stuff to come.

No comments: