Tuesday 10 June 2008

200tdi here we come!!

Well, I'v been discusing it with a few people now and i am probably going to fit a 200Tdi or 200Di(remove the turbo)... Im quite tempted to go for the first option!

I am hoping to buy an MOT failed Land Rover discovery that i will break. I will keep the Engine, engine electrics, inter-cooler, rad etc. and sell the rest.

The 2.5L 200tdi produces 111 BHP as opposed to my current 2.25nad wich produces 62 BHP.... thats quite a large difference and I cant wait!!

This isnt for sure yet but im 95% sure so it looks like it will happen.

2 comments:

chris_debian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chris_debian said...

Like the 200TDi idea, but it seems that it will be much easier to fit and place a lot less stress on the rest of the vehicle, if you go for the 200Di version.

I haven't any personal experience of this, but every where that I have read about the conversion, the Di seems the way forward.

I'm sure you've all ready read the Glencoyne account:

http://www.glencoyne.co.uk/200di.htm

Best of luck. Well done!