Sunday 20 January 2008

Land rover comes home! 15-10-07


It was very useful having the land rover on my friend's farm but it was just not practical. In the period between buying it in May and October all I did was service it as every time i wanted to go no one was there.
This was hopeles, we planned to bring it back to my house for a day and then move it to someone elses house which was a bit closer than the farm was. Don't make any assumptions about the condition of the land rover, we did drive it back, but with very tempramental brakes, no working electrics, windows missing and a screen of smoke following us. It was an exciting journey and a chance to give the engine a proper run.

WE MADE IT...










As mention the plan was to only have it at home for a day, but for some reason the next day we didn't move it, so i just fiddled around with it and kept myself quiet. when I did speak it was decided we keep it at home for half-term which was the following week. Enevitably the end of half term came and my limit was extended... many weeks later and it stills sit under the apple tree, I think its staying for good!

1 comment:

Luke Whelan said...

im loving what youre doing with your jeep!what did you do with your old chassis in the end?